AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 3 Pro initial start-up
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

steve c-il
Posted 6/6/2016 07:33 (#5340173)
Subject: Phantom 3 Pro initial start-up

Central Illinois
Other than charging the batteries, how long to go from un-boxing to first flight? Is there an app to be installed on your i-Pad? Probably also need to install updates to the Phantom and controller? Any thing else? What memory card is needed and what size? Have already flown 3DR Solo and Blade 350 QX.

Edited by steve c-il 6/6/2016 07:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page
PLO NW MN
Posted 6/6/2016 09:30 (#5340350 - in reply to #5340173)
Subject: RE: Phantom 3 Pro initial start-up

NW MN
Dji go is the app. 15-30 mins. Spin the blades on. 3-5 min warm up and good to go. It comes with a memory card but could go 64 gig or so depends on how often you unload and delete. Updates probably don't have to done out of the box but the app will notify you they are available as soon as everything is connected.
paul the original
Posted 6/6/2016 15:42 (#5340801 - in reply to #5340173)

southern MN
Biggest hassle for me was the updates, if you update one thing you need to get everything on the proper update.....

The app.

The controler.

The batteries and the drone itself.

In the past there have been conflicts with new iOS updates and some of the dji stuff.

As I get older I get more and more frustrated with the new set of software, where as one can't back down to an older version that works, and at times new upgrades get pushed upon you despite your best efforts to block them.

Anyhow.

Updating the controler and app is easy. Updating the drone and the batteries is a tad different, best is to download a file onto the camera card and put it in the drone and wait up to a half hour. Its simple enough, but a little oddball...... If like me you just want to fly, you might miss the step of getting all the different upgrades at the same level, allowing it to upgrade as it will ask you first thing will only upgrade the controller, not the drone..... And then the controller, app, and drone get mad at each other and since its new out of the box a person doesn't know what is up....

Its simple, but need to follow the steps, not just seat of the pants out of the box.

Paul
260david437
Posted 6/6/2016 18:42 (#5340987 - in reply to #5340801)

north east IN
Took me all evening and a couple of text messages the first time I set one up. If you know what you are doing maybe an hour.
ringo
Posted 6/7/2016 03:51 (#5341708 - in reply to #5340173)

Yorkshire UK

steve c-il - 6/6/2016 12:33 Other than charging the batteries, how long to go from un-boxing to first flight? Is there an app to be installed on your i-Pad? Probably also need to install updates to the Phantom and controller? Any thing else? What memory card is needed and what size? Have already flown 3DR Solo and Blade 350 QX.

Read the manual online first from http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads 
You practically MUST have a compatible device with the app.

I would ignore the updates initially.
It will fly perfectly well as it comes, and the updating process is somewhat complex especially when everything about it is new and unfamiliar.
Messages will pop up about updates but you can ignore indefinitely if you wish.

Having said that generally it is probably best to be more or less on latest firmware etc.
But do it later...

260david437
Posted 6/7/2016 06:34 (#5341827 - in reply to #5341708)

north east IN
Ringo. I have only started one for a friend but if you download the go app want you have to update the firmware so they match before you can fly. What are the chances of a new drone and the new app matching
ringo
Posted 6/8/2016 02:18 (#5343350 - in reply to #5341827)

Yorkshire UK

260david437 - 6/7/2016 11:34 Ringo. I have only started one for a friend but if you download the go app want you have to update the firmware so they match before you can fly. What are the chances of a new drone and the new app matching

Good point, that only started recently though.
It will depend on what firmware  is pre-installed,.
I would still try to fly it without updating if you can. 

paul the original
Posted 6/8/2016 06:00 (#5343428 - in reply to #5343350)

southern MN
In my case I had severe connection issues, like the antenna wasn't working.

Fine after getting everything updated to the proper versions.

Paul
steve c-il
Posted 6/8/2016 11:58 (#5343972 - in reply to #5340173)
Subject: All went well!

Central Illinois
Our Son started before I got home and had most updates done. Every thing went well aside from the annoying beeping and tones during the updates. Only had time to run 2 batteries through it but he picked up on it very quickly. Young and no fear, we'll see how long before the unscheduled landing. Thank you for responding.
Racer57
Posted 6/9/2016 07:54 (#5345218 - in reply to #5343972)
Subject: RE: All went well!

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/dji-go-app-tutorial.51057/

Post #3 has a good tutorial for the Go app.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)