AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone ID rules coming soon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/10/2016 06:06 (#5346676)
Subject: Drone ID rules coming soon

sw ontario
2 pilots reported drones near Ottawa airport in flight path this week and military scrambled 2 F-18's but could not locate them , I believe they said they were at 2,000' , now they want a way o identify drones too find operators
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jcfarmboy
Posted 6/10/2016 16:30 (#5347565 - in reply to #5346676)
Subject: RE: Drone ID rules coming soon

South Western Ontario, Canada
GREAT.......Now the aliens are screwing with our drone regulations!!!!!

Hmmmmm F-18 verses a drone...bet the drones win!!! They have great electronics but good enough to find a plastic drone?
Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/10/2016 21:45 (#5348021 - in reply to #5346676)

Chebanse, IL.....

Scrambled 2 F18s to find 2 drones in "flight path"?

What is a "flight path"? Where does that path start? What altitude? How close to the airport? Within 5 mis? I'd guess much less than 5 mis out from the airport if the drones were called @ 2K. If so, how do you scramble 500 mph fighters on top of a municipal airport? I think even Cdn use statute mis for airport vicinity. So, were these drones within a couple of mis. of the airport? These F18s were going to do what? Heat seeking missles? 20mm cannon fire? Should pretty well decimate the arrival gates. However, probably some civilian casualties are acceptable to take out a Phantom 2...or 3.

I'll call this one bunk. Remember the "drones" @ Heathrow.....aka plastic shopping bags.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/28/heathrow-ba-plane-strike-not-a-drone-incident

Even after the English decided that it probably was NOT a drone, drone operators were warned that they'd be cracked down on. How about bicyclists? Might as well warn them also to stay away from heavy airport approach space, even though they weren't there either...they need to be warned.

redoak
Posted 6/12/2016 07:17 (#5349830 - in reply to #5348021)

sw ontario
Ron , I'll just repeat what I heard on CBC radio (fwiw -Ottawa is our Washington).........drone was close to airport in flight path of landing planes.........maybe was other factors invovled ,don't know...pilots are also having problems with high intensity lasers being shone in cockpits at night......rules come from people being stupid ,which laws or rules won't fix...edit-rules/laws now are 9 km. from airports/helio pads , 150 metres from people, 90 metres max. ht......in essence say in Toronto with hospital helio pads,small airports,and international airport much of it is no fly zone...

Edited by redoak 6/12/2016 07:25
Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/12/2016 09:32 (#5350106 - in reply to #5349830)

Chebanse, IL.....

Again I ask, what were your F18s going to do? They'd be better off to send up one of your fine old L20 Beavers. Unless that drone was a military Predator, I'm sure the Beaver wouldn't even know it if it struck the drone.

I'm guessing that "scramble" cost you Canadian folks about $1,000,000 (US funds...don't know conversion). And the scramble result was what again?

I'll go back to the Heathrow thing of a few weeks ago. I don't think I've ever seen an uproar rise & fall so fast in my life. But still, we drone operators were warned by your Queen that they'd be coming to get us just because a drone was suspected. Not sure if same warning was issued to plastic bag users or not.

redoak
Posted 6/12/2016 18:48 (#5351082 - in reply to #5350106)

sw ontario
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 6/12/2016 10:32
. And the scramble result was what again?

IQUOTE]

Result was they never found any drone. Please don't shoot the messenger as i have no "hide in the game" .... our young worker has a cheap one in the shop and has fun flying it but we really don't know what to do with it

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)