AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No phones with pic attached finally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 5/5/2024 14:01 (#10729582 - in reply to #10729457)
Subject: RE: No phones

woodduck - 5/5/2024 11:55

havin’funfarming - 5/5/2024 10:45

One thing different about the days of the old newspaper days was that the reporters job required them to put effort into digging around to try to find info that no one else knew so they could report it first. A reporter that could do that was highly prized. Whistleblowers were highly prized.

Today’s mainstream reporters all go to daily meetings and/or receive their approved stories through their phones or other electronic means. They also find out what information they are not allowed to expose and what info from other sources they have to counter. There are still some news outlets that do that old style of reporting and have reporters that actively dig around to find info and truths that no one else is reporting on but the public is encouraged to label them as quacks and conspiracy theorists by the type of reporters that attend those daily meetings that I described earlier.

The only reliable place to find the truth is from politicians and politically funded sources said no one in a free country ever.

Now as far as phones are concerned they certainly have changed society. I think one of the major impacts is that kids today are never bored and looking for something to do. If they ever have a moment without some sort of stimulation they immediately take out their phone. My kids often show me something that someone else has done that is really neat. I try to explain to them that it is really neat to see those neat ideas but they do need to realize that when they are looking at other people’s neat ideas they are taking time away from being able to do any of those neat things themselves. Social media platforms have sure figured out how to keep people addicted. Including NAT. Lol

You are quite the expert. So how many years have you worked as a journalist?

Nah. I’m not an expert nor am I a journalist. I am just reporting what actual journalists that have retired or left the field due to the changes have reported. I’m curious how you deduced that I am a journalist from what I wrote? I am also curious if you disagree with the information I am relaying here and on your own personal experience in that industry. Do tell.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)