AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White 2-155 oil leak revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 3/3/2008 12:18 (#324634)
Subject: White 2-155 oil leak revisited

Western Oregon
I posted earlier regarding hydraulic oil leak on my 2-155. Well, I finally found the phone number of the previous owner who proved to be a very nice fellow. I told him it was leaking around the transfer case and the three speed and he asked me if I had checked the motor mount bolts. As they can come loose and the motor can torque enough to ruin the o ring seal on the three speed.
So I checked them again and they were barely snug. One rear mounting bolt was a little loose. Obviously I didn't check them close enough the first time unless they tend to come loose often.
Does anyone have experience with this?
One rear mount appeared to need a shim so I added shims to so that there were no gaps when the motor was setting in frame with the bolts loose. How are you supposed to shim the motor mounts an a white? What do you square the motor with?
Will the motor mount bolts now keep coming loose because the holes are now worn out?
I'm going to go see him to get the special tool to hold the pto shaft in when you pull engine so I'll question him further.
Got lots of useful info from him. Sounds like they used tractor hard but took good care of it. So we shall see. Nice folks anyhow...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)