AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midlife crisis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

leoduncan
Posted 3/25/2024 14:58 (#10679893 - in reply to #10679263)
Subject: RE: Midlife crisis

Lost my dad two springs ago. Some days it is very sobering working and trying to carry on his dream. Have to tell myself it is now my time at the wheel. Still want to ask him stuff at times
I suppose it will get better in time but I know I will always miss him. Hard to work side by side for so many years and not have that indescribable relationship. We didn’t see eye to eye all the time but we always had each others back
Best of luck and don’t keep it all bottled in. It is Ok to say you miss them. Keep all the memories and funny things only farm families have
His carhart and boots still are by the back door of the garage. Mom won’t move them. In his shop I still have the cracked handle hammer he never got around to fixing. Still will pinch your hand if you hold it a certain way. Either he was tougher than I or I never learned how to properly hold it. It won’t get fixed till it really breaks. I purposely don’t use it for just that reason. BUT I WILL use it when I have to replace one of those bolts he rounded off the corners on with his darn adjustable wrenches. That hammer and an adjustable wrench and he was good to go repairing. Saw him save the bolt and put it back in even when it was round.
Come across those rounded bolts and I have two extreme emotions one sad he is gone one very happy he still has a physical presence here
Best of luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)