AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midlife crisis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jpron
Posted 3/26/2024 19:02 (#10681666 - in reply to #10680991)
Subject: RE: Midlife crisis

western wi
jackofall26.2 - 3/26/2024 10:15

Yeah sounds like you the runner…

I don’t do marathons nor half marathons. I did a two mile race last fall and did a 5 k in Feb. I only played football in hs. I was not a distance runner by any means. And still am not lol. After selling our cattle a year and a half ago I needed something to keep more active. One day I just got on the treadmill and started walking. It made me feel good. One day for some dumb reason I wanted to see if I could run a mile. I did it (slow) but I did it. I hadn’t felt that good about myself in years. I started doing it every other day. After a while a mile every other day wasn’t enough, so I started pushing it. I still can’t believe how good it makes me feel! I’m not built for anything longer than 5k, but I’m ok with that. I’m not trying to be competitive, just can’t get enough of that feeling. Both my kids are, we’re runners in high school and very good. (My son was xcountry wi state champ in 22.). The other thing that draws me to it are the people. My kids teams are like family. There were runners from the eighties that ran at the same high school that would come and watch him run. It’s something we’ll never forget and so thankful for all the support on his journey. I’ve never seen a sport where he would beat someone and they would be there the next week cheering for him. It was unbelievable. I still can’t believe something so simple as running can be so hard but so rewarding. It’s indescribable
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)