AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When did car dealerships start telling people that buying a new car was a way to build equity?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 3/27/2024 04:55 (#10682053 - in reply to #10682025)
Subject: RE: When did car dealerships start telling people that buying a new car was a way to build equity?

coast of Maine
There are very few instances where a purchase of a new car despite what you put down or paid cash for ever conserves the $$ you have put into the transaction.I think there were a few during covid that people rolled over for profit but thats a very rare case.In theory you could buy a vehicle to earn money at a certain job that required that transport ,,such as a service truck and you were a mechanic ,,then it would or could build equity for you,,not in the vehicle but in your other assets,,house,bank account,etc.,,so he could say this and be correct maybe once in his career of car sales.
IMO autos are one of the worst places to put your dollars,,,why I drive old junkers.I enjoy the eye rolls when my rusty pickup pulls into a parking spot near some douche in his 95,000$ Raptor pickup strolls about with his trophy girl ,,,hehehhe,,,maybe its from me watching his trophy,,,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)