AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The neighbor is building a fence next to me, am I obligated to pay for any of it.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ralph52
Posted 4/5/2024 22:37 (#10695651 - in reply to #10695479)
Subject: RE: The neighbor is building a fence next to me, am I obligated to pay for any of it.

WCIN
In 79 the farm to the east of dad’s home farm got zoned residential and bought by a developer for houses. They promptly dozed out the line fence, wanted a bike/walking path on the property’s perimeter. Said they were residential and didn’t have to abide by agricultural rules.

Dad went to the Purdue extension office and got a copy of the EC 657, the exact pdf above, I still have it. They still refused to rebuild the fence, extension agent told dad to talk to the township trustee. He told dad it’s all good, rebuild the fence your self or hire it done turn the bill in to me make sure if you build it pay yourself well. The county will pay you and submit the bill to them if they refuse it will go on their property tax.

That fence was still there when he sold it in 89 gone now I’m sure. I used my pay to buy 10 gilts and a 66 Chevy 4x4 that dad and I restored, wish I had that truck back glad the pigs are gone. I was 12

Edited by Ralph52 4/5/2024 22:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)