AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing the auxiliary input module in an Ag leader insight system?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/11/2024 19:06 (#10703391 - in reply to #10703346)
Subject: RE: Changing the auxiliary input module in an Ag leader insight system?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Last year we had some strange problems with our planter dealing with the implement switches. I have two actual switches and an override feeding 3 modules. We finally just jumped each module to finish planting.

I redid the 3 to 3 harness that I was using last year. I didn’t really see any problems with it but it was rather cobbled due to adding modules.

We had thought that there was a problem with our switch/box module. I now believe it was occasional shorting of the implement switch to ground that was causing our problem. We tested in the shed with a jack under the 2 row units that each have an implement switch and also my override switch and everything worked fine.

We pulled the planter out and unfolded it to test some other things. We were testing the spray portion of the planter with water. The section valves would open/close seemingly on their own without any intervention on our part. My override switch has an indicator light on it that should have been ON and stay ON. Instead it was cycling ON/OFF which in turn caused the valves to Open/Close. We disconnected several branches of my 3 to 3 adapter and did some testing. We determined that when we used the right implement switch only, the valves opened/closed as desired. We then tried just the override switch in the tractor only. It too behaved as desired.

When we tested the left implement switch, the valves would not open. First thought was that the left switch was bad, but even if it was, the right switch should have handled the planter correctly.

We took the cable out that connected the left implement switch to the 3 to 3 adapter and found that the wires had been rubbing on the parallel arms to the point that they were bare. I removed the Weather Pak sockets and shortened the wires a bit and put on a shrink tube sleeve and an extra layer of split loom.

I believe what was happening is that at times, the bare wires were getting shorted out by touching the parallel arms on the planter. When the weren't touching the arms, the implement switches worked properly.

I'm fairly confident this will take care of our problem. So again my point is that although your situation may seem like an Auxiliary Input Module problem it may be something else. When you are using an Auxiliary Input Module, the switch box itself could have a problem. If the switch box is a homemade style some trickery is involved or you will get long delays at times. BTDT.

Edited by tedbear 4/11/2024 22:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)