AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight/Rawson/Seed Monitor - Are we able to eliminate some cab clutter yet?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/2/2007 09:58 (#113569 - in reply to #112611)
Subject: Seems to Work-Cab Clutter Actually Increased!

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Insight can work with Rawson Accu-rate or Accu-Plant but only via a serial connection to the Rawson box. We can't eliminate the Rawson box with the Insight yet - would need a special module.

I have heard talk of real population (from seed sensors) being displayed on Insight screen in the future - I don't know if there is any truth to it yet.

I have bench tested the Insight with the serial App Rate module connected to a Rawson Accu-rate for seed population information exchange. That is the desired population can be "sent" manually or via an Rx file to the Rawson. The Insight log/maps this population rate as well as the variety.

My bench test also included using Seed Command in conjunction with the above equipment. The simulated planter was split into 8 sections and Seed Command seemed to respond as expected.

Apparently Split Planter is not supported with the App Rate to Rawson setup. I was never presented with a screen that allowed for this in my setup. The Insight I was using does have Multi-product unlock which allows Split Planter with setups other than the App Rate to Rawson route.

I got a bit creative and made a relay box so that a single Implement switch on the planter informs both the Insight and the Rawson when the Planter is "Up" and not planting. The output from the relay box goes to the Auxiliary Input Tee and also has a tee that goes into the Rawson Harness.

This means that in operation, the Rawson switches are always left in the ON and A+B positions. The row sections are shut off by Seed Command as the planter progresses into headlands that are not perpedicular to the pass until all sections are OFF. During this time, the onscreen mapping is correctly showing this progress and I could "see" that the clutches were disengaged progressively by watching the valve box output lines and also the onscreen map.

Both "halves" of the Rawson would continue to turn during this time. Once the planter is raised on the end, the Rawson is Shut OFF as if the operator had switched the ON/OFF/Jump Start switch to OFF (due to the Implement Switch tee). Thus the Rawson would be OFF any time the planter is in the raised position.

I suppose that technically, the Rawson will show the acres covered as slightly high, since that system is assuming that all the units are engaged.

This should provide a very complete package for current users of the Rawson Accu-rate products. Cab clutter is actually increased with the addition of the Insight, boom box, Auxiliary Input Module and App Rate module. The Seed Command module may also be in the cab or on the planter. This along with the Rawson box and of course, a population monitor makes for quite a bit of clutter.

Edited by tedbear 3/3/2007 08:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)