AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight/Rawson/Seed Monitor - Are we able to eliminate some cab clutter yet?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/3/2007 15:49 (#114209 - in reply to #114082)
Subject: Rawson Wiring

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
After investigating the Rawson wiring I came to the following conclusions for the wires at the Amp Connector: Pin 2 is sort of the main one. Power (I think) is fed to Pin 2 which goes to the On/Off/Jump switch. When the switch is in the Off postion this power goes nowhere. When the switch is in the ON position the output from the switch goes back to the AMP connector where it attaches to a wire leading to the A, B A+B switch. This wire is not attached to a Pin in the connector it is merely spliced to go out to the other switch. When the switch is in the Jump Start position, the power still goes to the other switch but is also fed back on Pin #1 momentarily.

At the A, B A+B switch, the connection from the incoming wire goes to Pin 3 (A) or Pin 4 (B) or both.

All that is really necessary is to run this Pin #2 wire out to an implement switch and then back. The Switch needs to complete a circuit when the planter is down. If the planter is up, the system will behave as if the Rawson's switch is OFF, In other words the Rawson ON/OFF switch is in series with the Implement switch, both are needed to complete the circuit. In normal operation, this means that the operator would not need to touch the ON/OFF switch on the ends, since raising the planter would stop planting. Once again when the planter was lowered the circuit is completed and the Rawson starts again.

For the above situation a relay is not needed. All that is really happening is that the #2 wire is getting broken when the planter is raised thus preventing planting. When the planter is lowered the #2 wire is once again complete and planting resumes.

In my case I wanted to control two separate devices and I was concerned about one system interferring with the other. For my situation I did use a double pole relay. 12 Volts was fed out to an implement switch and returns when the planter is down. This goes to the coil of the relay, the other side of the coil goes to ground. Thus when the planter is down the coil is activated and the N.O. contacts are closed to connect to the individual commons. The Rawson Pin #2 is routed to the relay and then back again. Likewise the implement switch connector for the Insight goes to the other half of the double pole relay. This means that when the planter is down, the coil is activated and both independent loops are completed.

Some of you might be wondering about controlling the A, B or A+B switch from another device. I'll let you think about how I handled that situation.

Edited by tedbear 3/3/2007 17:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)