AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Difference between the term "farmer's wife" and "farm wife"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Suey
Posted 4/21/2010 12:37 (#1169339 - in reply to #1169308)
Subject: Re: Difference between the term "farmer's wife" and "farm wife"?

WCIL
I do. And take exception to the person that says that I am a failure because I sent my kids to daycare part time. I have managed and run the farrowing and nursery operation on OUR farm for 33 years! We are an independent farrow to finish operation and one of the few left in the area. So I must have meant something pretty important to this farm. I was raised a farmer's daughter and knew what I was getting into. My kids sometimes came home to no one in the house. But.... they grew up knowing that someone was available on the farm, I sometimes couldn't wait for my kids to come home from school, so they could help me with the hogs. By working with me, when they got older, they learned about hard work, dirty work, and the satisfaction of knowing the job was done right. I take it is okay for a kid to go out and watch farmer daddy work but, mommy farmer should stay in the house and make sure everything is perfect.

By the way both of our kids are college graduates., with no loans. Both paying all their own bills. Both very thankful that their parents showed them how to work, and be responsible.

I also: do all the books, haul all the hogs to the packing plant, sort hogs, move hogs, manage the breeding schedule, combine, plow and other field operations, and both my yard and the in-laws. I don't have a garden so I'm a failure again, right? But, if I save one pig I can buy all the Green Giant petitie peas I want.

Thank you., But, I'm a farmer and a farm wife.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)