AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Engine oil on cat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 10/31/2010 00:15 (#1415099 - in reply to #1414127)
Subject: RE: JDH SE IA _ = THIN SKIN

Burlington, IA
Allow me a response, Bob. First, if I offended you, I'm sorry, and I do apologize sincerely. Next, let's give the whole story. In the thread you refer to, there were several people in it who were advocating shooting cats. And if you weren't outright approving the practice, you were at the very least condoning it. If a person has what they perceive as a cat problem, there are too many humane ways these days to alleviate it without shooting them. One person was shooting for nothing more than footprints on the hood of his pickup. Some problem, and there are humane ways to stop that, too. Not to mention that vehicles wash well. Now, if cats are eating crops, or getting into the livestock, then maybe one has a problem.

Here's the thing, Bob. Everyone has issues which are important to them, and probably no 2 people have the same list of issues that they think are important. I'm going to assume you don't believe in abortion. I realize it's a serious issue, more so than cats/animals, it's apples and oranges, etc., but this is just for example. What would you think if I came on here advocating abortion, condoning abortion, making jokes making light of abortion in a supportive way? I'm not going to put words in your mouth, but I'd be surprised if you'd think very highly of it. Well, I have issues that I deem important, as well. The majority I won't discuss in these forums, or anywhere else, because I don't see any point in arguing w/liberals. Occasionally, an issue arises that is on my list, and which is irritating enough to me, that I'm willing to speak out vocally against it, and stand my ground for what I believe in. And I do it openly, I don't hide behind anonymity, or a false name. My name and e-mail are out there for the rest of the world. Animal abuse happens to be one of those issues. I include shooting (not hunting) or lighting an animal on fire as abuse. I just don't particularly see the humor in a joke supportive of it. If more people spoke out, and stood their ground, maybe there'd be less issues in the world to deal with.

Dislike cats all you want. It's your loss. But at least don't approve of or condone acts of abuse.

Buying seed? Let's get out the whole story again. I haven't mentioned seed to you in quite some time. Let's be honest, you have an allegiance to Beck's, which isn't too dissimilar to the type of allegiance many people had to Pioneer not all that many years ago. About the only way you'd buy something elsewhere is if Beck's left you in a bind of some kind. The chances of me selling you seed in any significant amount, if at all, is about nil, and always has been.

Finally, again, if I've insulted or offended you, I'm sorry, and I apologize. If you think less of me because of that, or because I take a strong stand, I'm sorry about that, too, but I don't see much that can be done about it. In the long run, the only opinion of me that really counts, is God's. I may be saved by Grace, but after I'm gone, it's not impossible He may still have a little chat with me concerning the things in my life that I messed up. If I have to err, I'd rather He say my error was in being a little too strong at times in my attempts to stand for right, than say I erred in being too weak. I'm too weak as it is.

I do hope your health is holding firm.

Sincerely,
JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)