AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Difference(s) between airseeders and airdrills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ernie
Posted 11/4/2006 10:44 (#57971 - in reply to #57963)
Subject: The Air seeders

North End I-15
would do one pass . A bit long when using a coil packer behind the air cart. I stepped off a friends set up in Southern Alberta . It was over 90 feet from the front of the radiator to the rear of the packer when folded up to trail position . He was pulling it with a Versatile/Ford 1156 ? 56' Flexicoil 820 with harrows ,air cart , coil packers .
My set up is a air drill 7" spacing with on row packing . It is still a Cultivator type system doing a complete tillage operation with rod weeder ahead of the packer wheels . its old and obsolete but still works fine. I call it a "Miracle Machine" . Its a miracle any thing grows it plants... :>) One pass , High disturbance , direct seeding is the term they used for it. Will lay down seed with 20 % of fertilizer with seed , rest banded between rows. The openers are a cultivator looking shovel 16" wide , seed is placed out the back horizontal rather than blown down . Less chance of seed bounce that way. Air pressure settings are not as critical . Long as the product will move through the tubes it is fine .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)