AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

using gas water pump to move diesel fuel to tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

poorboy
Posted 11/5/2006 13:08 (#58273 - in reply to #58172)
Subject: RE: using gas water pump to move diesel fuel to tractor

Southern Alberta
Mike that is a nice looking setup. I see that on the suction side of the pump the hose goes ahead towards the hitch and you also have a camlock with a cover off the tee. Is this for using the same pump to fill your portable wagon?

It was a brand new pump I had the seal go out on and perhaps it was faulty from initial installation. Nice to know that your system works with no problems from expansion or contraction.

I would like to have a top suction for my pump instead of a bottom pull, but I have only got one hole in the top of my fuel tank and it has the 2" vent cap screwed into it. Not sure how I could put in a suction line and still have a vent cap and place to fill the tank.

Most of my travel is in very isolated areas, with 99% of my travels on dirt trails and undeveloped road allowance that we typically farm anyway. As combine and tractor fuel tanks are getting larger it is taking 3 of the portable tanks that ride in the back of a pickup truck to fill in the morning. I have my fuel tank mounted on an older highboy with good tires and airbrakes.

It is legal here to move such a unit down the highway provided it is 10% or less filled.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)