AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time for a semi?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mr. Snerdly1
Posted 11/5/2006 13:11 (#58274 - in reply to #58244)
Subject: RE: Time for a semi? thoughts ,

I think perhaps a semi would fit in your situation, but do not make the mistake of strickly buying on price. I seriously doubt if you can achieve your goals for $10000-12000. I finally found a decent used 42' trailer for $7250, and my tractor cost me $6250 about 7 years ago. Few normal people would run what I am, but of course I have given up normalcy years ago but even then this is more money than what you are talking about. Remember that a good trailer will hold its value very well and you will probably get more money than you paid for it. Tractors are a little different, but a nice tractor will not lose too much money if you maintain it. I would say if you could stay under $20000 you will be much happier and have a more reliable outfit and will hold its value quite well.

To illustrate my point, let me point out that the trailer I am talking about for $7250 was purchased several months ago. I had another trailer that I bought for a little over $4000 at the time I got my tractor, and it nearly broke in half about a year and a half ago. Now it is almost worthless, I may salvage a few things off of it, but if I had gotten a better trailer in the first place I would have been much better off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)