AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is EZ Guide/EZ Steer Omnistar compatable?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/9/2006 08:56 (#71429 - in reply to #71086)
Subject: Re: Is EZ Guide/EZ Steer Omnistar compatable?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The EZ-Guide can be purchased two ways. Most of our sales involve the system where the GPS is built into the EZ-Guide itself and uses WAAS.

Another choice is to buy the EZ-Guide without the built in GPS. Then an external GPS system would be needed. There are many choices for this external GPS. The most common choice for our customers is the Trimble 332 which is capable of Omnistar reception as well as others. The Omnistar reception requires a one time unlock for the GPS receiver and also the subscription fee to Omnistar.

It is possible to disable the built in GPS in the first system I mentioned and feed GPS in from an external receiver. Thus the EZ Guide/EZ Steer could run off of the internal GPS with WAAS at times and yet at other times be connected to an external GPS with Omnistar, RTK, etc. There may be some situations where this would be desirable such as if the higher end GPS is needed in another rig at the same time.

This past week, I fed simulated GPS from a PC into an EZ-Guide for a demonstration of EZ-Boom. To do this required me to change the GPS setting on the EZ-Guide to External thus disabling the intergal GPS. The PC was connected via a Trimble Data cable that plugs into the EZ-Guide 9 Pin connector. This cable provides branches so that a keypad and other devices can all be connected at once.

The PC GPS Simulator program fed GPS info into the EZ-Guide to simulate travelling about a field. This allows our customers to see the EZ Guide/EZ Boom components in action in our showroom. They can observe the various screen displays and observe the Autoboom control features.

Edited by tedbear 12/11/2006 03:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)