AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone 7
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/4/2023 07:31 (#10020984 - in reply to #10020735)
Subject: RE: iPhone 7

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I was in a similar position with an iPhone 6. It still did everything that I needed but new versions of some Apps required a newer version of IOS than the iPhone 6 could handle.

Right or wrong, I went the refurbished route and moved up a bit to an iPhone 8. It cost around $200 at the time although I notice they are cheaper now. I went with a website called Back Market. They specialize in refurbished phones, tablets, etc.

https://www.backmarket.com/en-us/?msclkid=16236e9074b51dea9eec0d25f4...

Their stock varies but many models are available with different amounts of memory and different "degrees of wear". I am happy with my choice. My GF was in a similar position although her iPhone 6 had literally split open but still worked. Being the tightwad that I am, I purchased a refurbished iPhone 8 for her also. We didn't think that we needed the high end features on the latest and greatest.

In both cases, I was able to literally move the SIM card from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 that was replacing it. All contacts etc seemed to move with the SIM card. It was not necessary to inform or deal with Verizon. I did take the opportunity to do some housekeeping and deleted some never used Apps and updated a few others. Our lightning charge cables that we used with the iPhone 6s continue to work with the iPhone 8. The only thing I miss a small amount is the headphone jack that was present on the iPhone 6 but not the iPhone 8. I did use the old iPhone 6 (which I still can) with a pair of wired headphones while mowing the lawn.

Actually I purchased a Chinese Bluetooth device for a couple of bucks that allows my old Headphones to use Bluetooth. That means I can use the iPhone 8 with them while mowing the lawn.

The old phones are still usable but of course, we cannot talk on them. I taped hers up and used it as a screen for the backup camera in my combine. I put mine by a window by the back door of my house and use it to view my dooryard. Since the phone is inside my house it has Internet Access. I use an App called Alfred on my computer and iPhone 8 to view the back yard. This allows me to check the back yard from my computer in the back room or from the iPhone 8 anywhere that it has Internet access. The iPhone 6 can still be used for most of its previous situations dealing with pictures, music, Internet etc.

For the future I plan on continuing using refurbished phones in an attempt to keep moving forward but not paying the outlandish prices for the latest and greatest.

Edited by tedbear 1/4/2023 07:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)