AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Intuit/Quickbooks concern
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mark in NEMO
Posted 2/13/2023 01:15 (#10092297 - in reply to #10051241)
Subject: RE: Another Intuit/Quickbooks concern

Northeast Missouri
I mentioned on the QuickBooks/Medlin thread that I'm looking at Accountedge Pro. I want to stay with desktop-based accounting software, not cloud stuff--where if they system goes down or company goes out of business you no longer can access your data.

The main reason I wanted to comment here relates to the idea that if you stop paying for QuickBooks you won't have access to your data. What I understand about Accountedge Pro is that if you're using it on subscription and stop paying, the software just goes into Read Only mode--meaning you'll still have access to all of the data you've entered, just won't be able to make any new entries or edits.

Accountedge Pro costs $15 a month... + $10 more/month if you need payroll. It is "old" software that's been around a while under different names; has about 75,000 users worldwide. Features are very similar to QuickBooks desktop, but it looks to me to be a bit clunky to learn--maybe just because I'm used to QuickBooks, or maybe because they pack a lot of options into many windows. Actual customer reviews I've read imply that long-time users love it; new users struggle for a while.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)