AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nanobeam IP address was taken over
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 3/23/2023 19:13 (#10154558 - in reply to #10154293)
Subject: RE: Nanobeam IP address was taken over

Middlesex County, Ontario
Supa Dexta - 3/23/2023 17:04

Ok thanks. Am I understanding correctly then, that in the NVR settings, If I uncheck DCHP, that forces a static IP to whatever is written in the IP address line below it? But while DHCP is checked, it assigned its own IP address, but is subject to change upon reboot, though unlikely?

Almost, but you still misunderstand some.

"in the NVR settings, If I uncheck DCHP, that forces a static IP to whatever is written in the IP address line below it?"
This part you understand correctly.

"but while DHCP is checked, it assigned its own IP address, but is subject to change upon reboot, though unlikely?"
This part you misunderstand. When the DHCP box is checked and the NVR joins the network, it will send out a "what should be my IP?" message. The router then sends out "Use this xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address please" message. The NVR then uses that IP address. When you reboot the NVR, the whole message sequence happens again, the router will probably (but not definitely), give the NVR the same IP address. The "Use this xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address please" message that the router sends out is a random low number from the DHCP reservation list (that list that we recommend you change to 100-149).

Edited by WildBuckwheat 3/23/2023 19:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)