AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Berberine: Liver and Metabolic Health
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/19/2023 19:42 (#10235698)
Subject: Berberine: Liver and Metabolic Health

Pittsburg, Kansas

Generally speaking, I am not a big fan of supplements. There are exceptions. For example I take regularly potassium, magnesium and vitamin D3+K2. Also I experiment with some other supplements just to see if they have any effect. But in the scheme of things, I believe eat properly and most supplements are not needed. That said I ran across this presentation, a medical lecture by Dr Mobeen. I think very highly of him and his medical lectures. I think he has something like 900 of them. I was impressed enough with his explanation of Berberine for diabetics that I ordered some and have been taking for a week or two now.

It has many of the effects as Metformin without the side effects. And as I understand it, can also be taken in conjunction with Metformin. At least I am without problems.

Anyway, if you are diabetic or are interested in metabolic health this might be of interest. It is a very in depth explanation of the mechanics of how berberine works. There have been quite a few clinical trials showing its value and the mechanisms are pretty well understood. For what it is worth, here is the presentation for those willing to listen to an in depth presentation.

I have also listened to several other presenters on the subject of berberine and they were likewise positive presentations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKuMym4Q9ac&t=1562s

Edited by John Burns 5/19/2023 19:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)