AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven auto boom?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torriem
Posted 6/9/2023 23:27 (#10263872 - in reply to #10263139)
Subject: RE: Raven auto boom?

Are there ultrasonic sensors on the booms?

If not, then maybe it's a passive system like the one I had. Basically how it worked was when you activated it, the boom would sink until the wheel touched the ground and then hydraulic pressure would hold the boom at a particular PSI. You could adjust the weight of the boom on the wheels by turning knobs on the Raven hydraulic valve block on the back of the sprayer. For a passive system, it worked very well I thought. I believe the manual recommended turning up the pressure until the wheel weighed approximately 60 lbs. Any lighter than that and the boom would bounce up and not come down very quickly.

So yes just three buttons. One to turn it on and a button to turn on of off each boom. No calibration other than the pressure adjust knobs on the valve block. Usually it was wired so that running the boom up switch on your controls would deactivate the auto height, and pushing the down button would re-activate it. Obviously you would turn off the system when doing in-crop fungicides and have to manually adjust the booms. But for herbicide passes, it worked reasonably well. I used to raise the inner boom during a turn so the wheel wouldn't push into the ground.

Edited by torriem 6/9/2023 23:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)