AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Drone -first impressions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 7/3/2023 00:26 (#10298987 - in reply to #10298462)
Subject: RE: New Drone -first impressions

Central Alberta
Rowdy - 7/2/2023 16:14

I am also thinking of getting the mini 3, my concerns are operating in the wind and also the range. Will it go out at least 2 miles from the controller? I would like to use it to check on the cows and watering tanks.

They claim it can fly in winds up to 17 MPH, but I took mine out today in stronger winds than that to test it, probably 25-30 MPH. It flew fine, but it detected the high wind and I got a message that the RTH (return to home) feature was deactivated, and I would need to fly it back and land it manually. No problem at all, I was close by, but wherever you are, it's easy to know where you are with the camera. There's also a "find your drone" feature if it goes down.

I also used it to get a look at the cows. It didn't seem to disturb them, in fact they seemed to want to follow the drone. I guess with a bit of practice, you could get a good look at every animal.

As for distance, as long as you are in line-of-sight, you can fly 5-6 miles away. If it loses signal, it starts to return home, but you can take control again when it reacquires the signal. I had a look at our other farm, 3 miles away, and I never lost signal once.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)