AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone for general farm use questions, not a sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

buck1400
Posted 8/4/2023 15:04 (#10344573 - in reply to #10344267)
Subject: RE: Drone for general farm use questions, not a sprayer

West Central Ohio

NEiowafarmguy - 8/4/2023 09:45

So I am thinking of getting a drone for general use around the farm. Check crops, check fences check cattle etc.

What do I need for certs/ license...i know somethin like part 107(?) But not sure where to go to do that.
For "recreational" drone use, you only need to take the TRUST test. Can do this online and it is free.
For "Commercial" drone use a Part 107 license is needed which is more involved and cost money.
Information on both of these is on the FAA web site.

Do I have to register the drone?
Yes you can do this on the FAA web site "Drone Zone"

Don't really want to get a debate about which is better. Not sure I want a DJI, are there any other decent ones out there?
I am only familiar with the DJI drones which I like.

Looking for one with a longer flight time. If i were to get one with say a 45 min flight time, can i reasonably expect to actually get that?
45 minutes would really be pushing it for the small recreational ones. I can 20-25 minutes from each battery with my DJI Air 2s, but I have 3 batteries.
The new DJI Air 3 they claim 30 minutes or more but the max time only happens when the air is still and it's not fighting the wind.

Thank you for any replies. And please excuse any of my "dumb" questions if the answers are painfully obvious.

Edit to adjust formatting

Edit to Add: Just looked and DJI is claiming 46 minute flight time for the Air 3. Prolly means 30 -35 in real life.

Edited by buck1400 8/4/2023 15:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)