AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How can she view pics on Apple?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

rosiesdad
Posted 8/23/2023 05:56 (#10371453 - in reply to #10369205)
Subject: RE: How can she view pics on Apple?

Western-Central Lower Michigan
Chris - 8/21/2023 17:09

A lady gave me her computer filled with pictures and I'm copying them to a flash drive, they are SCATTERED all over the drive and I'm copying the folders to the flash drive.  I don't know how her new Apple computer will find these.

She's and 80+ year old lady and I don't know anything about Apple (anything about them as to finding stuff etc.)

There's a great program called IrfanView for Windows and of course it doesn't run a a MAC.

Part of it is a thumbnail viewer.  It shows the tree of a drive and when you click on a directory (folder) it displays the images in that folder.

So if you have a flash drive with multiple folders and each has multiple pictures you can click on that folder and see a lot of the images, scroll down to see more, etc.  It's very handy for finding pictures.

This is what you see in IrfanView thumbnails

The Pastors wife has an Iphone that she wanted to transfer photos from, to her new Windows Computer. I did some googling and found Apple uses their "Apple drive" as a backup. So she had to download from Drive to the new computer. It may be a reverse procedure, get an Apple drive account, upload them and then download to her computer. But do some googling, lots of tutorials online.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)