AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monitor frustrations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Dvr
Posted 9/4/2023 15:18 (#10388143)
Subject: Monitor frustrations

Edgerton MN
About a year ago I decided my old desk top computer was slowly dying on me. When I asked my techy BIL what I should look for, he said I should get a laptop. I told him I didn't like working on a laptop in comparison to a desk model. He said I should get a laptop and a usb hub to connect my wireless keyboard and mouse and my large monitor. All with one cord to connect it to the laptop Sounded like a good idea. I could not get the monitor to come up going thru the hub. So hooked monitor directly to the laptop. Worked good for a while. But it is increasingly hard to bring up the large monitor after I close the laptop. When I shut the laptop to put it in sleep, the signal light on the big monitor will go from blue to orange, which indicates that the large monitor should come up when I move the mouse. Now, sometimes it will multiple tries to get the large monitor going. Sometimes I give up and just use the monitor on the laptop. What can I check, and why did it work better 10 months ago. My BIL doesn't return my calls. LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)