AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insulin resistance and the plagues of prosperity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/16/2023 22:06 (#10404383 - in reply to #10402577)
Subject: new information about metformin

Pittsburg, Kansas

This is something I did not know. This is just a short clip from his main presentation. In case someone missed it (the full presentation is the first link in the first post on this thread).

I was off metformin for about three and a half years. I have had trouble getting my fasting blood glucose where I wanted it to be. So about a year ago I started using metformin again. I quit two or three months ago when I was not seeing results. Then I have started and stopped a couple times since.

Finding out what this presentation states about negating the benefit of exercise (which I have got into a routine to help my insulin sensitivity) that pretty well meant that bottle of remaining metformin will never be used. I'm done with it. It wasn't changing my blood glucose, either none at all or maybe by 5 points at best. The negative aspects are just not worth the little or no benefit to me.

If I was sedentary and not doing any exercise, maybe I would think different. For anyone taking it my experience is not your experience. Do what is best for you, not what I do. This is not advice, but just given as information about research on a common drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFDp9trvCJA

Edited by John Burns 9/16/2023 22:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)