AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laptop brought to its knees
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 10/8/2023 06:08 (#10432055)
Subject: Laptop brought to its knees

NS Canada
I have this newish laptop, fairly well spec'd (or so I thought) But it just bogs down to unusable status while trying to do what should be a simple task. And it all revolves around facebook - If I am looking at their market place and someone writes me on their messenger at the same time, it just locks up and sits there with the fan blowing full force and you have to sit and wait and wait for it to do anything. Could be minutes. But only that tab. If I flip over to agtalk or something its fine and I can scroll or load pages.

I use chrome browser and may have a few tabs open, (or a dozen )- that doesn't really seem to matter, it's just all that facebook window, I can't type or close the ad. etc.

Dell Inspiron 16 Plus
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)

The other odd thing is if I open task manager when this is happening, it will show chrome is eating up all of the resources, but the mere fact of looking at it, will cause it to lower right down and start to become usable again.

I'm ready to crack the thing over my knee and throw it thru the window when it's happening though. Do I need more ram or what is going on? And why does facebook seem to be the lone cause of all the grief.

I wish there was a way to disable the chat part of facebook on my laptop, as my phone is always within reach anyhow.

Edited by Supa Dexta 10/8/2023 06:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)