AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

transfere pictures from Samsung Galaxy S5, no longer cell
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/10/2023 06:37 (#10434452 - in reply to #10433599)
Subject: Transferring with my tablet

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This may not apply to your situation but I had a somewhat similar problem. I have an el cheapo Onn tablet from Wal-Mart. It uses one of the versions of the Android Operating System.

With my previous Onn tablet (which I dropped and broke the screen), I was able to transfer files (music, pictures etc.) very easily to/from the tablet by plugging it into my office Windows PC with a charging/data cable.

This did not seem to work the same way with the newer tablet. Turns out there is a step where I need to "allow permission" to do this. Then the file system on the tablet is visible on the desktop PC and I am able to work with files as far as copying, moving, deleting, etc. as before. It was then very easy to copy MP3 music from my office computer to the tablet. Pictures taken with the tablet can be copied to the office computer as well.

I think this step is under "Settings" but I don't exactly remember where. I don't recall if this needs to be redone each time I want to work with files on the tablet via the office computer or not.

I suspect the idea of requiring permission might be to prevent a person from accidently messing up files on the tablet. I am careful to only mess with files in the music or DCIM folders and leave other files untouched.

Edited by tedbear 10/10/2023 06:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)