AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bicep tendon surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hedge tree
Posted 10/12/2023 12:01 (#10437331 - in reply to #10437276)
Subject: RE: Bicep tendon surgery

Central Kansas
Moo: I suspect your bicep tendon tear was at the shoulder, as a higher percentage of these injuries are there. I have had one for years. Real weakness and pain is from a palm down to palm up movement, like turning a screwdriver strongly. You likely have a “bunched”bicep on that arm as well. I have learned to live with mine but still have reasonable strength lifting and full range of motion. 2 weeks post incident is best for surgical reattachment…6 weeks is “iffy’. Past that, an allograft is the procedure as you have been made aware of. I was 72 when I tore mine (80 now) and did not opt for surgery as my lifestyle (active) would have stressed the repair according to my surgical consult. So…if you are impaired enough or have pain that is problematic, surgery now might be a viable option. But…you will have some real restrictions for a good period of time for proper healing. Most guys I know would violate those rules sooner or later, and re-injury could be a bad deal. Sure sympathize with what you are dealing with….I know one lad who opted for that same repair 1.5 years after the initial injury and does not have the mobility or strength he had with the injury untreated. Surgical techniques are better so his experience is likely not predictive of current skill sets. Good luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)