AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driving in France
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

nhermanson
Posted 10/19/2023 23:00 (#10448428 - in reply to #10447231)
Subject: RE: Driving in France

Central, IA
Never been to France, but I have driven in Europe on two separate trips.

First was Ireland. Flew into Dublin. Rented a small SUV as we were meeting another couple later on. It was a stick. I hopped in on the right side shifting with my left hand. I figured we would get out of the airport and get our bearings before we headed to the hotel. First intersection after the rental car lot was an 6 lane round about going counter clockwise driving on the left side of the road sitting on the right. It was all down hill after that. We put about 2500km on it and once we got out in the country it was the closest thing to a rally race I’ve ever driven.

Second trip was in Germany into Austria. Rented from Hertz as I signed up for the rewards program. Got to skip the counter and go straight to the lot where they handed me the keys. I asked for a map of the city to find our way out of town. They replied don’t worry, the car has GPS. As we started to pull away, we realized the car does have GPS, but in German. After 10 minutes of pressing buttons, we got it switched to English.

International cell service is continuing to get better each year. The Ireland trip I was able to rent a WiFi hotspot for about $10 a day. That was very helpful for using google maps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)