AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Depressing times
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 10/25/2023 12:56 (#10455425 - in reply to #10454485)
Subject: RE: Depressing times

First thing - I have no wisdom for you on how to avoid the depression.

As others have said, the media thrive on keeping you afraid. Realize that this is their business model. The goal is to make it so addictive that you continue, day after day, to listen to them. Doesn't matter which side it is - assuming we are talking about the established two parties (the Uniparty).

One thing I can add, however, is that we can know WHY this is unfolding in front of our eyes. Everything cycles - and included in this is the tendency to cycle into exponential curves. It sure seems to be the way the system we live in is coded. This makes sense to me, as an unpredictable system remains interesting. It always surprised us - even if the overall pattern is one that has been repeated time after time through history.

I have posted this before, but I would again suggest reading Ecclesiastes 3. They knew this way back then. There had to have been countless examples of this prior to when those thoughts were recorded. Human nature never changes - or, if it does, it is an extremely slow process. We are living through a cycle that has repeated time after time throughout history. I've read where the average lifespan of a Republic is 250 years. It would be very unusual if we were not experiencing what we currently are experiencing now.

As Margaret Thatcher once said about losing an election - it's just time.

Again, this is no real help in avoiding a feeling of depression, I guess. But, like when you finally understand WHY the corn market - or the cattle market - hardly ever behaves the way you think it should, you can begin to make peace with the impossibility of being able to reliably predict it. What we are seeing is merely how the cycle is working pretty much exactly the way we should expect it to work.

We have a front row seat to observe how a chaotic system works. We clearly are in the stage of "tearing stones apart" - rather than "putting stones together."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)