AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My aunt abandoned by only son
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Indiana Smith
Posted 11/13/2023 07:23 (#10480251)
Subject: My aunt abandoned by only son

My aunt is 73 and divorced about 30 years. She had one child who joined the military out of high school and made it his carrer.

My aunt never really found a career after being a full time mom. She bounced from one job to another.

After her father died in 2017, she tried to reconnect with her son. He was stationed in another state, so she moved there. She couldn't find a job and burned through her savings.

Then her son got transferred to another state. She packed up and followed him again. She tried living with him and his wife but that caused major problems and she had to find some kind of subsidized housing.

Now the son announced yesterday that he is retiring from the military, sell his house, buy an RV and travel. He told her to lose his number and to never visit again. They tried family therapy but can't seem to get past her neediness and craziness.

So now she wants to come back here to be near my family. She has no money. She wants to move in with my mom, but she doesn't want the drama. So now she is asking me to buy her a house.

I like her, but the mooching never ends with her. When she lived her before, she would call every week with a list of things she needed help with. I have a full time job plus farm.

What can I do to help her? I don't want her to end up in a shelter but I can't afford to take care of her. Is there a resource available for someone like her?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)