AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vitamin K2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/23/2023 21:13 (#10494406 - in reply to #10494188)
Subject: RE: Vitamin K2

Pittsburg, Kansas
Yes, that is what we currently taking. In the past we have taken another one in a bigger capsule and also liquid drops. We used to use the drops all the time because they were so compact for travel. But these pills are so small they are pretty compact too so that is what we have taken the last year or two.

At one point I decided it was not a bad idea to take more K2 (because in a couple of research papers they were using 180 per day and most pills with D3 use 100) and did for a while till I discovered the K2 pills were as expensive as K2-D3 together.

As an aside, my D3 was 50 and wifes was thirty something for our recent D3 test levels (25 hydroxy D3). We both take the same D3-K2 pill but I do eat some sauerkraut (which has K2) two or three times a week and she does not. Since our recent blood tests and her levels are no way near high levels (adequate but not much more) I told her she could take two of the D3-K2 tablets two or three times a week and one the rest of the days and should be fine. That would give her an average of around 8,000 of D3 (instead of the 5,000 she has been taking) and close to the 180 they used in the K2 studies (instead of the 100 she has been taking). My reasoning is that in my opinion (and some of the doctors I follow) 50-75 on the D3 test is in the ideal range with 100 nothing to worry about. So I figured the additional D3 would not hurt her and might be beneficial. Her CAC score was in the mid 100's so some extra calcium management could be possibly beneficial (the K2, still a lot not known about it but some weak evidence). That is my reasoning. I figure it is a coin toss if it is correct or not. But a person has to make a decision on their personal health and that is mine. My CAC was 9 so very low so I just take the single D3-K2 5,000-100 daily.

Disclaimer: I am absolutely NOT a doctor (I don't even own a white coat, let along wear one), nutritionists or expert of any kind or type. Only a fool would do something because I do it, and that includes even hybrid corn selection not to mention vitamins or medication. I make LOTS of mistakes so no one should be doing anything I do just because I do it. Do your own research and make up your own mind (not talking specifically to you Little papa, just in general). I presume we are all of age here, mostly act like adults (questionable sometimes), and can make our own decisions. I give NO advice of any kind. I only discuss things I happen to be interested in. I do have personal opinions (and not afraid to express them), and link to experts that I think have valid or at least interesting arguments, hypothesis and information.

Edited by John Burns 11/24/2023 15:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)