AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PcMars Options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

jonas grumby
Posted 11/29/2023 12:47 (#10502213)
Subject: PcMars Options

Northern Illinois
I have a couple of versions of PcMars. I have the newest version on my main computer that has my accounting information on it. No problems with this.

I also do the accounting for 3 limited partnerships and for my mother that get approximately 10-12 entries per year. If I was to use the newest version PcMars would charge me $75 per set of books per year. I do not consider it an option to pay an additional $300 for the limited amount I use the extra sets of books. So I had these books on a separate computer (because PcMars would not allow two different versions on 1 computer). The version that I installed was 2.5 and a few years ago I installed a patch to bring my version up to 2.5.6.0. I backed up all my PcMars files like I should. Now my old laptop that these books are on decided it was tired and wanted to quit. So I purchase a new laptop and install PcMars 2.5 on this computer because that is the old version that I have. I go to download my files into my new laptop and get a message that my files are backed up on a version that is higher than the version on my computer so I need to install a patch and am directed to go to the PcMars website to do this. On the website patches are no longer available. The kind lady who answered the phone when called told me I needed to install the new version and pay the $75 per set of books. I understand that I get 75 transactions per year before I need to pay however the issue is I have Balance Sheets and loans on the program and I found out a couple of years ago that those type of things do not update yearly unless you pay the fee.

Is there a way around this?

If there is not a way around this is there a cheap accounting program that does not have a yearly fee that I can use. I don't want to go to pen and paper because my sisters and others who get the reports like fancy computer generated reports and it really is easy to go from year to year.

edit to add I like PcMars because my accountant uses this so taxes are very simple and I can print checks with PcMars

Edited by jonas grumby 11/29/2023 13:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)