AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overall record keeping software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

KevinFButt
Posted 1/2/2024 21:14 (#10554733 - in reply to #10547545)
Subject: RE: Overall record keeping software

North Central Iowa
All,

Much like many of you, I was not happy with any record keeping/accounting system out there. They are either really good at the financial side, but then lack anything on production records. Or vise versa...good with production, bad with financials. I have crops and cattle which also made it hard to find something since most systems are good for livestock or crops...but not both.

I spent quite a few years in the IT world which included many years as a software developer before my current ag teaching gig at a community college. Since I could find anything to fit my needs, I started last year creating a system that can do all of the above. It's still a work in progress and hoping to have it tuned in some more in the next several months. It's all done in MS Access for the front end side of things. The back end, data storage, can be in MS Access or MS SQL Server (there is a free version of SQL Server).

Not sure if it is something that I plan to market or sell commercially, but please let me know if you or anyone else is interested in trying it out and helping fine tune it going forward. From past experience, having several others using it helps iron out issues and and bugs.

If interested, my email address is in my profile info or email me at [email protected]. Feel free to reach out to me.

Hope this helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)