AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ubiquiti Point to Multi Point
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

stxman
Posted 12/30/2023 16:05 (#10549117)
Subject: Ubiquiti Point to Multi Point

I know this has been discussed on here many times, but wanted to get a current update as some of the posts here on Ag Talk are a few years old and some products may have newer models. Also, a little help in steering me in the right direction to the best product that'll work for my situation.

Currently have a network at the home farm with all Ubiquiti equipment. Looking to expand the network to 3 remote sites, situated in a "tee" shape in a relation to the home farm. Site 1 is 0.75 miles straight North (clear line of site) Site 2 is 1.5 miles West (mostly clear but a few trees), Site 3 is 1.5 miles South (mostly clear but a few trees). At the home farm I have a grain leg that can be used as a tower to get the Access Point(s) up in the air to help with line of site. At each of the remote sites would like to have just a couple security cameras, so not any huge bandwidth needs.

What would be best to use in this scenario? A PtMP radio or PtP due to the different directions? (There is the possibility in the future some more remote sites may be added in between, but nothing short term) 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? Which Ubiquiti model, would be recommended for the base than also at the remote site? Scrolling through the Ubiquiti page there are quite a few options:
https://store.ui.com/us/en?category=all-wireless

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)