AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Basic checkbook program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/18/2024 09:41 (#10580559)
Subject: Basic checkbook program

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
After getting a virus and getting locked out of my main Win 10 computer, I bit the bullet and purchased a new computer that came with Win 11.

I have used Microsoft Money for many years. It used to come free as part of the Windows package. They dropped the package but did make a last one shot package called the Sunset Edition of Microsoft Money. I have been using it as it is familiar to me and handles my rather simple needs for farm and personal accounting.

I tried to download it for the Win 11 computer and find that it is no longer available. In the process I was lured into agreeing to the WinZip program and a Driver Update program. I still have not been able to load the Sunset Edition to this computer.

So this leads to two questions: 1) What is a simple free or cheap check book program that allows me to categorize expenses and income for tax purposes or 2) is there a fairly simple process to download the Sunset Edition that I am familiar with to this Win 11 computer.

Fortunately I have another Win 10 computer that is stand alone (not networked) that Money still runs on. I can use it but would prefer to use the Win 11 machine due to its location.

Edited by tedbear 1/23/2024 10:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)