AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Follow Me Drone in 2024
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Granary
Posted 1/20/2024 17:15 (#10584597 - in reply to #10583371)
Subject: RE: Best Follow Me Drone in 2024

Central Western VA Mountains
farmerxander82 - 1/20/2024 00:20

My first camera drone was a DJI Mini 2. I loved that drone and I used it to where it was just plain worn out. Almost all my drone videos were made with it, which doesn't have tracking by default.
However, I didn't use the DJI app with the drone. I used a 3rd party app called Litchi that had features like that built in. It didn't have obstacle avoidance which is fine for me since I was using it in wide open fields mostly.

I now have a DJI Mini 4 Pro with 360 obstacle avoidance (it will fly itself around obstacles rather than just stopping) and I find I don't use it much. Since I'm not using my phone with this drone, but rather the built-in screen on the controller, I just use DJI's built-in app. I know there's a way to get Litchi on the controller but just haven't bothered since I opt to just fly the drone myself most of the time.

After using DJI's, I prefer Litchi. I could set up exact height, distance, and orientation for the tracking, as opposed to DJI's which are just two distance settings and 8 angles, at least as far as I have found.

The Mini 2 I got with the flymore package for $400 I believe, on sale, as they had just released the Mini 3. Again, loved the drone, but needed an upgrade.
The Mini 4 Pro was $1200 with the flymore package and pro controller. There are a ton more features and it has much better camera quality, but more pricey. I've heard the Mini 3 is good too, and there are much cheaper options (such as the standard controller, and the standard drone) all of which can use tracking if you use the third-party app.

Here's my youtube if you are interested, only the latest video was made with the Mini 4. The rest with the 2.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkJBTmZVxUfk3LB9rKFZ--w

Thanks for the info and that’s some great drone footage on your channel!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)