AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb chocolate Mousse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/2/2024 06:07 (#10604583)
Subject: Low carb chocolate Mousse

Pittsburg, Kansas
I had a request for my wifes low carb chocolate mousse. It is slightly different that the French Silk Mousse (and easier). So when I typed it out in an email, decided to post it here too in case anyone else wants to try it. Here is the cut and paste. Not exactly a reicpe but a general idea of the ingredients - and they vary a bit from time to time as she makes it to taste and thickness she wants.
---------------
"It is just cream chese. With small amount of 85% chocolate melted and mixed into the cream cheese. Add heavy whipping cream to the above and whip it all together or whip the whipping cream seperate and fold into the above cream cheese/chocolate mixture. Oh and a teaspoon of real vanilla.

The only sugar involved is the small amount in the 85% chocolate. It is not a sweet diseart but very creamy with good mouth feel and a light chocolate taste. Of course a person can adjust the amount of chocolate to taste but adding more means more sugar too (from the 85% chocolate). Or for a more "regular" desert that is sweeter just use 70 or 50% chocolate too. But that defeats the purpose of low carb and getting rid of almost all sugar. Might be a way for someone who is used to very sweet deserts to "transition" into a more less sweet desert.

The amounts are approximately 4 oz cream cheese (one package), half a bar of the 85% cholocate (the size bar Aldi's sells, forget the ounces), about two cups whipping cream and the teaspoon of vanilla. You can adjust the amount of the whipping cream to make different "stiffness" to the final outcome.

You can half the amounts above if you want a smaller batch. The above my wife divides up in small bowls with snap on lids and stores the individual servings in the fridge. The above makes 8-10 servings for us. Just a fairly small serving but it seems to be "enough" to satisfy us after a mostly meat meal. By doing individual servings it helps us resist the temptation to just keep scooping out of a big bowl. :-)"
--------------
https://newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1095703&mid=1004728...

I did a search and found my old "French Silk Mousse" post so here is the link to it. It is very good also. My wife does a half dozen different low carb desert recipes and we basically have a desert every night. It just seems to satisfy us and helps keep us on the fairly restrictive low carb ketogenic diet. She does individual serving sizes so we are not tempted to over indulge. We just get one serving out of the fridge for each of us.--------- 99% of the time.

Enjoy!

Edit: after reading my old French Silk Mousse post again, I had forgot about the topping. We usually have about 3-4 pecan halves crushed up into smaller pieces or 4-6 bluberries (or chopped strawberries or black berries or rasberries) as a topping put on the top right before serving. Not a lot, but just a little crunch or sweet burst from the fruit. Sometimes both.

Edit: As far as the sugar or carb content, pecans are one of the lowest carb count of the nuts (macadamia nuts are also very low carb) and any of the berries are the lowest sugar content of the sweet fruits.

Edited by John Burns 2/2/2024 06:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)