AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can my CIH 1200 Planter work with a Pro 700?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Loren SE IA
Posted 2/13/2024 10:31 (#10621713)
Subject: Can my CIH 1200 Planter work with a Pro 700?

Kalona, IA

I currently am running my ('03 or'04) CIH 1200 Planter with Serial #23000+ with UD+ for operations. I would like to operate it with my Pro 700 that I use on my Magnum 225 for autosteering. I was told that the older planters are not compatible with anything newer then Version 27 Firmware . I tried updating a Pro 600 with planter Firmware and it wouldn't even recognize that it was connected to the planter with the UD+ harness. I was also told by someone that I could Flash my planter Modules to update it to be able to work with a Pro700. My CIH dealer's Tech is pretty young and inexperienced and didn't know if that was possible or not. 

Is there anyone here who has ever done that with success? If so how was it done?

My other thought is that maybe I could acquire a 1240 (or similar newer) planter module to put on my 1200. I would only need it for the more basic functions as I use PP 20/20 for actual Pop. control. My vacuum is surging up/down a lot and I blame it on the UD+ as it has a much slower processor etc.

Any insights into my issue would be very appreciated. Thanks!  

Edited by Loren SE IA 2/13/2024 10:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)