AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lucky vs. good
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 2/17/2024 08:54 (#10627089 - in reply to #10626501)
Subject: RE: Lucky vs. good

Sheridan Mi
It's hard to get surprised by those stupid animals anymore. I had one get down like that last summer. She laid right in the lane. She rolled in to just the slightest little rut where they'd been walking. He rectum had prolapsed, I thought she was dead for sure. I rode up to her on the 4 wheeler and she was still struggling to breath. I went and got the loader and rolled her up. She laid there and shook it off for a minute then stumbled to her feet.

Years ago I had a Holstein heifer get her head stuck in a feed bunk somehow. She had it between an oak 2x4 slant and a 6x6 pole. She'd been there for so long that her head had become misshapen with a big crease in it. It took a lot of effort to get her out. She made it. It took a while for her head to get back to a normal shape.

My nephew had one of those fancy expensive hay saver round bale feeders with the cone in the middle. He had a cow hang herself in it. She had her head in the bars of the cone and couldn't get it out. The rest ate off the bale and it kept sliding down until it choked her out and killed her.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)