AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DOJ Conducts Court-Authorized Disruption of Botnet Controlled by the Russians
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 2/23/2024 09:23 (#10636395 - in reply to #10634917)
Subject: RE: DOJ Conducts Court-Authorized Disruption of Botnet Controlled by the Russians

South Central MN
ubiquiti is known for having pretty good hardware and user interface at a decent cost, but that comes at the cost of having almost zero tech support. They rely heavily on community forums. If you do need support, you can expect to wait days between email responses.

I think where people get caught with Ubiquiti is that its marketed as prosumer grade hardware that easy to use at a good price, but the reality is that you still need to know what you're doing on the networking side. I can easily see a homeowner or small business buying a complete ubiquiti setup that's all basically plug & play and then never realizing that they have remote access open with the default admin login. Its been a while since I set mine up. I don't remember if I'd be required to login to their UI on initial setup or if it'd just connect to the internet automatically. I do like my gear, but it has definitely been a learning curve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)