AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie Rear boom offset with 4640 or G5 display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/23/2024 07:22 (#10636166 - in reply to #10635166)
Subject: Easily done with an Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
kgbarnett22 - 2/22/2024 13:37

Has Deere added the ability to offset the rear boom measurement on a Hagie yet? Its 100% necessary and I would think there are tons of Hagies with rear booms out there running John Deere monitors.

I don't know. This is quite easily done with my Ag Leader system in my Hagie. The sprayer is plumbed with a 3-way valve after the center section valve. Turned one way, the valve directs the spray to the normal front boom section. Turning the valve the other way directs that spray to the temporary boom on the rear of the sprayer. The idea is that for most spraying the front section is used but for late season fungicide the rear center section can be used instead to reduce spray on the sprayer itself.

When using the rear section, it would be desirable that the setup accommodates the different location of the center boom. This is easily done by having two configurations. The first one is the standard layout where all sections are on a straight line beside each other. Another configuration can be created with exactly the same values but I go in and edit the distance for the center boom. This second configuration is named and saved with an appropriate unique name alerting he operator that it contains the center offset.

The operator then just picks the regular or special configuration that fits the situation. With the special offset configuration and Auto Swath active, the center rear section will then turn ON later than the front sections. It will also stay ON longer when reaching the end before auto shut off.

Edited by tedbear 2/23/2024 07:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)