AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Water line help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

farmincboy
Posted 2/23/2024 07:06 (#10636133)
Subject: Water line help

Posted here and ag cafe. Daughter lives in an older house with the well feeding the pressure tank (outside) then to a water hydrant then to the house.
The hydrant went bad yesterday (broken rod) ,had to dig a hole and replace. WELL when it was replaced, it appears some rocks got into the hydrant opening that they didn't see and now she has great pressure to the hydrant, but no water to the house. Please note - - the new hydrant was screwed into the opening and they had to do it under some water as the hole had water from the rain we were getting yesterday. (Central ohio) I am thinking that when the water was was turned it pushed the rocks up the the 3/4 inch pipe to the house and blocked the line. Anybody have a great,good, bad idea on how to push what ever is in the line back out. My thinking was to undo the main pipe at the house turn the water on and see if plugged before it gets to the smaller house line. Do the easy first I guess. As always limited resources and income.
Please no smart butt comments .I am trying to help her family from the side lines.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)