AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Be interesting to see how this ends up, cash rent auction in
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Clay SEIA
Posted 2/23/2024 22:12 (#10637435 - in reply to #10637152)
Subject: RE: Real world

hinfarm - 2/23/2024 18:34
Fattires - 2/23/2024 10:04 I can't get them to change anything, on my home farm it actually plants about 305 acres, fsa maps have about 320. One field is split on 2 different tracts for no earthly reason. When I go in to certify my acres they get all upset when I want them to use the actual acres planted instead of what shows up on the maps.
They can call it whatever they want but I get salty about paying for more acres of crop insurance then what's really there, what that does to APH and the few landlords that think the FSA acres are 100% accurate and want top of the market rent for land that doesn't exist.

Somebody who gets it.   I pay what I consider reasonable rent for the farm I posted above, and have been there quite a while.   They're great people, and I've taken beatings of 60 bushel corn because it's also capable of 60 bushel beans when things click.   Anybody else who wants it more, I guess can learn on their own that they are starting out with 10 percent less acres and eating that on their crop insurance policy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)