AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iphone 8 pic downloads
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/1/2024 06:25 (#10646338 - in reply to #10645743)
Subject: RE: iphone 8 pic downloads

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You likely had a poor connection with the lightning plug. I had a fair amount of problems in that regard with my iPhone 6 and iPhone 8. The cases I had for them did not offer much protection for the plug on the phone. Also I carry my phone in my pants pocket and lint gets involved. I was using a USB to lightning cable for charging and data transfer . Between the lint, dirt, poor cables and frequent use, I had problems with connections and charging.

From time to time, I would clean the connector myself. I would take a round toothpick and break off a bit of the end. I would place the toothpick in a thin piece of cloth such as an old T-shirt dunked in rubbing alcohol. I would insert this into the lightning plug and rub back/forth gently and remove. Usually I would see black material on the cloth. I would move the toothpick to a new area, dunk again and repeat.

I have now moved up a bit to a refurbished iPhoneXR. This required a new case. The new case is thicker and provides more protection for the lightning plug. I also purchased a wireless charging stand from Amazon. After using it I really like it. For one thing, I don't need to use the lightning plug for charging which puts less "wear" on the cables and connector in the phone. After getting the wireless charging stand, I found out that our old iPhone 8's can be charged with one also.

There are several types of charging stands but I like the stand style that I got from Amazon. I ordered two initially and have a third one coming this weekend. This style can be plugged into any USB port. I just use a USB port plugged into a wall outlet. Here's a link to the ones I've purchased. They will work with the iPhone 8 also although that is not indicated in the Amazon description.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874YN8B9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_produc...

I'm having good success so far with the newer phone. I believe using the wireless stand, a better case and a good quality cable are helping the situation. One downside is that in the past I have used those magnetic stands for the phone in my tractors. This requires sticking a metal disk on the rear of the phone case. Unfortunately I understand that this will prevent the wireless charger from working with the phone with the case on,

Glad to hear that you were successful using iTunes to make your transfer. I dislike using iTunes but find it necessary for transferring music from my Windows PC to the iPhones.

With my Android Tablet or old Sony Walkman, I can just transfer the music files with file explorer. I really dislike the programs that "do this for me". Since I have a fair understanding of the file system, it seems more logical to me to just move or copy them myself.

Edited by tedbear 3/1/2024 07:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)