AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best 3D printer under $600?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 3/3/2024 18:19 (#10650060)
Subject: Best 3D printer under $600?

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas

Hello,

I recently bought a 3d printer for myself and my kids. Mainly for fun, but it's a great learning tool as well. It was a Sovol SV07 plus bed slinger printer. I worked pretty well, but it had intermittent print bead heating failures and I returned it. I'm looking for something to replace it with and figure I should go a little nicer while I'm at it. The Sovol was a little over $300- I should try to stay under 5 or 600 with a new one. What should I buy?

The Sovol had Klipper, but I don't see why so many people love it. I like the larger bed but that's not a deal-breaker, either. I'm finding out print speed doesn't matter that much to us. I want simplicity, but my kids want customizability/open source. We will probably use PLA or PETG 90% of the time. I saw the Bambu Lab P1P-it raised my eyebrows but it's probably more than I should pay. Any recommendations?

Good luck -jim 

FWIW, It can have practical applications. I just 3D printed a plastic piece for my table saw saving me like $80. The actual piece of plastic wasn't $80, but you had to order the complete assembly because the plastic piece wasn't sold separately.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)