AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WI CORS to FM-750
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dew-z
Posted 3/15/2024 10:01 (#10665918 - in reply to #10653555)
Subject: RE: WI CORS to FM-750

Cambria, WI
I just got WI Cors working on my brother's fm750 yesterday so I'll try to write up some steps to make it easier for you and for me to remember. This writeup worked for me but definitely isn't the only way to make it work.

Useful reading:
https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=764687
https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=421771

Required parts: rtk unlocked fm750, ag25 antenna, a serial cable (rs232, db9) made up or bought to connect Bluetooth to port a or port b on fm750, and Bluetooth adapter or equivalent. I used parani sd1000.

Serial cable adapter: pins 3,4,5 on deutsch 12pin connect to 2,3,5 of a male serial plug respectively. Trimble probably makes a cable that will have this but I didn't look, just pulled a cable from the pile of leftover harnesses and made work. If you get all of the further steps done and nothing is working, flip the rx and tx wires, or add a null modem cable/adapter. Having them flipped won't hurt anything, just won't flow data.

In fm750, gps source: generic cmr, 57.6k baud rate, data parity none, stop bits 1, favor availability.
Under settings > nmea output: GGA 10HZ, VTG 10HZ, GSA 5HZ, RMC 5HZ, rest 0; 8 decimal places.

Parani sd1000: set dip (micro) switches to 57600 and H/W workflow off. Diagram is on parani. Parani needs 5-12volt power so can use cigarette lighter adapter for USB cord or you can pull 12v from port a/b of fm750.

On lefebure app: ntrip settings: ntrip rev1, ip: wiscors.dot.wi.gov, port: 2101, your sign in info, data stream: CMRxGNSS, location: ext reciever.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)