AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Older receivers and PRN 131 in Indiana
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Woltanac
Posted 3/6/2024 14:39 (#10654234)
Subject: Older receivers and PRN 131 in Indiana

Windfall, IN
Is anyone else having issues with PRN satellites on older receivers in Indiana?

A customer in Northern Indiana with a Paradyme who was seeding earlier this year could not pickup PRN 133. Normally, he uses RTK and is fine, but he grabbed the wrong hardware that day. He tried typing in PRN 131, but it would not work either. He ran a whole field on 133, but it never locked in the differential. He was able to see GPS speed, which allowed him to run without autosteer.

I was in a MT 865 C with AutoGuide 3000 last week and I am worried about it. I am unable to select PRN 131 in it. They had issues with 133 last Spring. They tried using OmniStar, but it would not work once they started running, which is odd because I had it locked-in in their barn lot when I was on the phone with OmniStar support. To make matters worse, OmniStar changed their frequency and baud rate in January, but you can only change the frequency within the AutoGuide 3000 settings, not the baud rate. We have been reluctant to find anyone who knows how to update the system or if there is an update for the system. Their Challenger tech is coming with an EDT sometime soon to see what he can do.

Yesterday, I was in a Hagie with an Integra and a 6500. After updating everything, we still could not select PRN 131. I told him to get it out of the barn and try 133 as soon as possible.

Today, I was with an Envizio Pro II. I could select 131 on it and it was fine.

I am just wondering if anyone else in Indiana or along this general longitude are seeing any issues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)